Cub Cadet Tank

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Benz2328, May 14, 2008.

1. Benz2328

Benz2328 LawnSite Member

2008 Cub Cadet Tank Won't Stripe!! Any Sugesstions? The Roller On The Back Is Set On The Lowest Setting And Im Still Not Getting Good Results.. Thanks For Your Help

2. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

You didn't mention the cut you are getting other than no stripe. If the cut is level check the pitch of the deck 1/8" to 1/4 " lower in front. How high are you mowing and what type of grass ?

3. Benz2328

Benz2328 LawnSite Member

I have a bagging system on there.... the right side cuts a tiny bit shorter (you can tell on some lawns) It's at the dealership right now... and sothey can sharpen the blades. i cut usually at 3 inches... how do I figure out the pitch?

4. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Set the mower on level concrete. Check the inflation of the tires, I run 10 lbs. in all four. Align the right blade to face front to back. Measure at the front tip - the distance from the tip to the concrete. Do the same at the rear tip. Write the measurements down.

Now align the left blade to face front to back. Make the same measurements as you did on the other side.

The pitch should be 1/8" to 1/4" lower on the front tips and the left and right sides should be the same distance to the concrete. Don't measure the distance between the deck and concrete because it's the blades which do the cutting.

To make any adjustments if the measurements are not within those specs refer to your manual. Your machine has 4-adjustments - one on each hanger strap and adjustments to the long rods on each side.

Nosmo