cub cadet trimmers any good

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by starboyz66ftp, Jun 20, 2006.

1. starboyz66ftp

starboyz66ftp LawnSite Member

i am looking at cub cadet trimmer model cc3075 25cc 2 stroke, any opinions on this model??? a guy i know is selling 2 of them brand new for 125 a piece... what do u guys think

2. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

they are terrible, at least the one i had was. problem after problem after problem. when i ran right it was great, but i don't think the pos made it through a whole week running well, if at all. i was so frustrated, i threw it in a creek by my house and felt good about it. let the catfish use it, cause i darn sure won't. buy a redmax, they're bullet-proof.

oh yeah, did i mention that they're a total p.o.s.?

RUUUUUNNNNN FORREST, RUUUUUNNNN

3. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

My best friend bought one and HATES it, he's had so many problems with it that the dealer is trying to get him his money back!

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I believe the model you are talking about is a homeowner class. I have 5 st26 models and they have been good to me.

5. Brendan Smith

incidentally, the one i had, don't remember model #, had "cub cadet commercial" on the shroud.
    maybe i can go ask the fish what the model # is :)

6. Brendan Smith

you must have gotten the only 2 good ones made. you should play the lottery, you'll probably win:usflag:

7. DAVEY PROS

DAVEY PROS LawnSite Member

THANK YOU! we ran cub cadets about three years ago. horrible, horrible, crapy p.o.s's. Went through 4 of them before we decided to switch to redmax. All 4 of them broke within 3-5 months.

Now we have a redmax bcz2600s. AMAZING. it really is bulletproof. Strong engine, great, sturdy build, and probably more power than you will need.

8. CBramble

CBramble LawnSite Member

Been using a cub cadet for almost a year now and zero problems!! If available buy the 4 stroke engine. I don't know about you but I hate mixing gas! With the 4 stroke you use the same gas as you use in your mower! :clapping:

9. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

Horrible.

I've had two (both commercial).

1st one last 3 weeks.

2nd one lasted less than a day.

At least I got a full refund on both.

10. Brendan Smith

you did better than me. i couldn't get the time of day out of my dealer (ex-dealer now). it got to the point where i would fix it myself even though it still had warranty on it. if i listen closely, i can still hear the cub cadet people laughing at me like a ghost from the past for ever buying it ("haaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaa, aaaantoherrrrr suuuuuuuuucker" said with a phantasmic accent:cry: :cry: )