Cub Cadet Vanmar??

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by N.H.BOY, Feb 8, 2008.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Ducati996

Ducati996 LawnSite Member

They look to be a solid unit - Yanmar makes a great reliable machine -they have been building the industries most reliable for ages for John Deere (the compact and sub-compact lines). However the competition is fierce and Kubota keeps adding more high performance machines. So its important that Cub/Yanmar make it competitive from day one - otherwise its catch up for them, from the get go.

What model are you interest in? I have the info you are looking for -

3. casolorz

casolorz LawnSite Member
    from 67207

What are the prices of the different models? I am gonna move to a 3 1/2 acre lot once our house is built so I am looking for something more than a riding mower, I want something that will help me do a lot of landscaping and a little bit of gravel driveway maintenance.

4. N.H.BOY

I think the 32 HP is somewhere around 17 grand with just front loader. I like the looks of them forsure.

5. casolorz

casolorz LawnSite Member
    from 67207

I am probably gonna go with a ZTR mower since my main activity will be to mow.

--Carlos

6. Ducati996

Wow! thats two differnent messages right in a row :) if you plan on just mowing a ZTR will handle 3.5 acres fast. If you need the other chores accomplished then a compact utility tractor seems to be in order -

7. Ducati996

8. N.H.BOY

Yea not sure were that came from, but that would be a good idea to mow with a ZTR and not a loader.

9. N.H.BOY

Ducati996------looks like you have a JD. size and price please?? Do you like the cub's tractors? If the info that you have for them is diff. from the stuff I got from the dealer, then please share...thanks.

10. Ducati996

N.H.BOY -

Yes I like Deere a lot ! Deere and Yanmar have had a great working relationship for close to 20 tears or more - Most of the Deeres compact lines were made by Yanmar under Deere specifications. So certainly todays Cub/Yanmar have a very similar look and feel to Deeres Compact line (including my 2520 series). Its not the Cub name that will make these machines successful but the Yanmar - and I have no doubt they will take off.

Pricing depends on models and attachements - and where you live.
    My home page has much more info and pictures on these models and others..

Hope this helps