Cub Cadet vs. Walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T.J., Apr 17, 2008.

1. T.J.

T.J. LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

hello,this will be my first year cutting as a part time business.my question concerns the type of ZTR mower i need.i have two dealers close by one cub one walker.i have ran a friends M-72 Tank and like it pretty good.talked to the cub dealer yesterday and he has a good deal on a M60-KW LC DFI Tank.anyone have any input on that machine?also any advice on the recon or the enforcer cubs would be appreciated.
    i haven't had a chance to talk to the walker dealer yet but i know them pretty good and they are reliable dealers.what should i look for in the walker?
    any help/advice would be appreciated.
    thanks,T.J.

2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Those are two completely different machines. Front mount vs mid mount. Do you know which model Walker you're looking at? Will you be bagging or discharging on your Walker?

3. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Just starting out? Get the Cub Cadet. You wouldn't appreciate a Walker yet. Plus if you dont want to continue doing lawn care a Cub Cadet won't be so much of an investment.

4. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Tough call on this, we all start out small, some just grow faster than others. The Walkers are "high" end mower, I guess if you can afford the note get what you want. Worse case you got a sweat Walker to cut your personal grass or the Repo man visit:cry:

5. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

walker is an expensive mower and well worth it. cub is a cheap mower and you get what you buy. there is no comparing the two. buy the walker mt series with high dump worth every penny.

6. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Have you tried a tank ??????? The tank is a great mower I would not get the recon or the enforcer they are not the best ..Have a tank with 750 hours never been to the shop , I mow hard **** with it , and nice yards too....:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

7. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

You get a walker and you will be paying for the mower all year long and you wont make any money and thats what we are here for.

8. T.J.

T.J. LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

thanks for all the advice and the quick responses :clapping:,i appreciate it.
    if i get a chance i'm going to stop by the Walker dealer today and look around they are a little closer than the cub dealer and i have been pleased with the service they provide on the Stihl products i've bought from them.
    thanks again,
    T.J.

9. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I own a tank and love it. You mention a 60" tank and then the recon and enforcer. I don't think the recon and enforcer are really in the same class as the tanks. You have to decide what you needs will be and what you want to spend. After you look at those areas then you can really decide which machine is right for you.

10. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

what do you have on your tank? do you bag ?