Cub Cadet wb lawn vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bluefish, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Bluefish

Bluefish LawnSite Member

I found a used CSV 260 for sale for $400 so I picked it up. I blew a bunch of leaves in a big line/pile and it munched them up no problem. I just plowed right into them. They were a bit wet too, I was actually trying to clog the thing to check it's limitations.

I have read many on this site dump on wb lawn vacs so I was hesitant but this seems to work quite well.

It has a 9hp Tecumseh XL engine, 3" chipper (works pretty well), self propelled with 6 forward and 2 rev speeds. The bag holds 4 bushels and is felt lined (dust free).

Biggest problem I can see is you cannot use it on uneven ground. But combo it with a good bp blower and it seems you could make good time. Not as nice as a big vac into a bed box, but I am hoping it comes in handy.

Anyone have good luck with one of these?

2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i would like to see a pic.
  3. Bluefish

Bluefish LawnSite Member

Here's a link.

Looks pretty standard except for the 9hp, most I have found only are around 5.5 to 6hp.

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Troy Bilt CSV. It seems to work pretty good. I supliment it with a couple Back Pack Bowers and a ZTR with a recycle kit and leaf removal goes pretty quick.
  5. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a nice unit. I don't think the dumping on lawn-vacs was for units like that. The homeowner grade units get dumped on.