Cub Cadet XP Spreader / Sprayer Info

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jgoddard8409, Dec 29, 2010.

1. jgoddard8409

jgoddard8409 LawnSite Member

Does it have a dual sprayer?

ie. 1 trim setting 3' and 1 full setting 10' or so.

Would like to hear from owners on how they manage on smaller lawns as this is a must for me.

Thanks everyone, this is a great site....jim

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

goddard,

the man you want to speak with on LS is Lawn King. He has one and has used it full season. Great question, about handling smaller lawns. IMO, the XP just seems too long and clumsy to be able to do the 7K sq ft lawns very well. I like the more compact PG designs for easy turning.

3. jgoddard8409

I appreciate all input:clapping:

4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

You can trim the spray swath from 9' down to 3'. I use the machine on smaller lawns with no big issues, in fact i find the PG to be a much heavier, cumbersome machine to operate!

5. jgoddard8409

Thanks for the info, the web site is very vague in that regard. I assume you just cut off the nozzles that you dont want to spray and go from there. You cant beat the price so I am deffinately leaning that way. Thanks again.:dancing:

6. lawn king

There is a valve on the handlebar, you turn on/off the right spray nozzle as you wish.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

King - why do you think Cub designed the XP so that you could only trim along one side and not the other? Seems strange. Also, as per above, what nozzles come stock in the machine? I think you mentioned they are fine misters in another thread. I would have issues with this.

8. lawn king

There are plenty of options on spray nozzles you can change to. The xp is not the caddy of spreader sprayers. I purchased my xp based on how awesome my lesco hps machines heve been working in the field from 2004-2009.

9. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

How small of lawns can you do with this? Is it easier or quicker to do 3-5k lawns with a skid sprayer?

10. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Most mower trim side is one the left side only why is that? Just giving a hard time. After a person is used to one way it is no big deal. Guessing it does not hurt production much or at all.
    Posted via Mobile Device