Cub Cadet Z Force 54

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wicklivin, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am not talking about wiring issues. I am talking about starter issues, flywheel issues, and rocker arm issues. Anything that has to do with engine failure/problems, is not a Gravely problem. It is a problem that the engine manufacturer is responsible for.
    Except for J.D., I believe most all mower manufacturers are going to tell you that they are not responsible for engine problems.
    So, let's not be blaming Gravely for that. What make of engine is on those Gravelys??

2. wicklivin

wicklivin LawnSite Member

Does anyone own a Hustler FasTrak Super Duty? If so, what are you thoughts on ownership? Any problems? I'm looking to purchase a 54" model this week. Are there any Hustler owners that can comment on some of the accessories available, specifically the striping kit. Thanks.

3. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

mowingman - whebit needs fixed no LCO sends their unit to the engine manufacturefor the engine repair. It will go to the selling dealer. JUST WHAT ONA GRAVELY DO THEY COVER EXACTLY?. We have 2 engines on ours kholer and kawi . and i simply dont like the kawi`s at all. I dont know the exact model or hp .
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Mowingman

from Texas

Gravely warranty covers averything but the engine on their machines. Yes, the selling dealer should be set up with the engine manufacturers to do warranty work on the engines their mower lines use. You would be surprised how many dealers are NOT authorized to work on engines.
    So, if you have an engine problem, Gravely can not do much about it. It is the dealers responsibility to work with the engine manufacturer to get the engine problem solved.
    I do agree with you about Kawasaki engines. I like Kohlers myself.

5. wicklivin

wicklivin LawnSite Member

So to kind of put this thread back on subject, I purchased the Hustler FasTrak SD 54" today. Delivery tomorrow. Thanks for the advice everyone!

6. Mowingman

from Texas

Wise choice. Congratulations.

7. RoyalTech

RoyalTech LawnSite Member

Congratulations, I was looking at Cub Cadets too, but then after a few weeks of search I found a new 52" 2009 toro hydro walk behind my dealer just got in and I'm going to pickup tomorrow. I'm glad I didn't go with a cub and I'm sure you'll lover your FasTrack SD.

Now it's time to mow some grass!
    Posted via Mobile Device