Cub Cadet Z-force 60 Zero-turn

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dean1130, May 15, 2008.

1. dean1130

dean1130 LawnSite Member

Hi,
    I just bought this mower 2007 CUB CADET Z-FORCE 60 ZERO-TURN, I was wondering if anyone has used them in there business yet. It's suppose to be between a residential and a commerical mower. It has the kawasaki engine on it. I test drove it and it seemed to work like the rest of the zero turns. It has a somewhat beefer deck then the all around residental zero turns. Just curious if anyone has any commets on it good or bad.

2. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

how much out the door?

3. dean1130

dean1130 LawnSite Member

4000.00 only had 47 hrs on it..

4. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

for that price you did good new tanks are around 7000

5. PlainsmanND

PlainsmanND LawnSite Member

I paid 3K out the door for my new Zforce 50, but that was 2 years ago.

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I was a Cub dealer. I would not keep any of those in stock. Junky!! They were sometimes promoted as a light duty commercial ZTR. That is a big lie. At best they are an upscale homeowner machine. Pretty cheaply built, with lots of idler/deck/spindle/fit and finish problems.
    Baby it a lot, and it MIGHT last another year or two.

7. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

It's a lot better than what I started with.

8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

That may be, but it is fragile. Just baby it a lot,and constantly moniter it for any unusual noises in the deck/pulley/belt system. Save money as fast as you can, to get a better replacement machine.

9. PlainsmanND

PlainsmanND LawnSite Member

Seems to be lots of bad press on the zforce. My clock indicates 380 hours. However the kids have left the key on a few times until the battery dies, I figure there is about 250-275 on it in 3 years. Really havnt had issues other than this seat switch deal I got going on now and a turnbuckle that had to be greased. That should have seals and a zirk, the next time I have to grease it will. The mulching blades are pretty banged up, not sure if they will take on another season. The back of my yard is relativly unfinished so chopping through saplings and cattails doesnt help. I wish it had a bigger engine I think the 23 is a bit small for the 50 especially when you get into heavy wet grass.

This winter Ill probably evacuate the hydros depending on my research. It looks very easy to do since it wasnt built with a drain or filter. I would expect its reasonable.

The left leading point of the deck bumps along on my neighbors concrete fence footings, that was making me nervous but checking there is just a little scuffing. Also where the deck rides the curb for the 350' of front street yard its in really decent shape. I mow roughly 1.8 acres about 6x/month during aggressive growing.

How do you baby a mower or how do you abuse one outside stupidity? Its not not a cookoo clock. An engine spins blades that cut things. If you dont grease spindles or pivot points sure things will fail, same as a $250K combine. That made me think of my buddies $25K kubota tractor mower. He would wash after every mow - pressure wash. But before he would wash he would grease things. It just took 1 seasn to replace the bearings and spindles. Stupid happens.

Looking at other things for $3K I still feel pretty decent on the deal. Certainly there are more robust things but that path took me into $12K+ mowers.