Cub Cadet Z-Force Maintenance Help....

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by biggin69, Mar 24, 2006.

1. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

I just purchased a used Cub Cadet Z-Force 44" and was wondering what I need to do besides change the oil and filters? Is there a way to check the hydro fluid? Is there a tranny filter? Any Suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank You All!

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not familiar with the Z-force unit, We sold the Cub Tank. If you post the model AND serial numbers off the unit I may be able to post a link to down-load a owners and or service manual.

3. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply but I have both the Owners manual and the Maintenance manual and they are not detailed. I could not even find out how much oil to put in the cranckcase in either manual.EEERRR!!!!!!!!:confused:

4. Restrorob

Just add oil until it gets to the F mark on the stick. :laugh:

5. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

Thanks Smart A*s!!! My first post and already a joker.............

6. Restrorob

Sorry Dude, I was only kidding, Guess I've been on that joke thread too long. You didn't mention what engine was on your unit ?

BTW, Welcome to Lawnsite !

7. davhul

davhul LawnSite Member
    from Gray,Ga

no it dosn't have a filter for the hydro's nor can you chech the fluid.

8. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

Sorry Restrorod for jumping out at you! it has a 20 hp Briggs. My main concern is the hydro system. davhul says that you cannot check the fluid. The reason I am concerned is because when you first take off, it is "jumpy", like the hydro is low on fluid. So I guess that there is no way to check the fluid or add fluid if needed then??? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

9. Restrorob

OK biggin, You can and I did add fluid to a Z-Force last summer that was making noise and jerking. I don't remember what type fluid I added, I need the model and serial numbers off your unit so I can look it up again.

10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

find all the grease fitting's also!!!!!:waving: Welcome to lawnsite!!!