cub cadet z-wing 48

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by abclawncare, Mar 12, 2008.

1. abclawncare

abclawncare LawnSite Member

i bought this mower brand new in summer of 05 and for the past 2.5 years have been having problems with certain parts on the deck. just wondering if anyone has done any mods to these mowers. i`m looking to do some this spring to weed out some of the bugs, since cub cadet isn`t doing it, they seemed to produce the mower and just gave up on the idea instead of working out the problems. o yeah i`m also looking to increase the tire size a little if thats possible(wider tire).

2. abclawncare

nobody has any experience with these mowers?

3. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

mine has deck issues too. Locks just dont lock. also had to replace the hanger bars and change / mod the way it attaches to the deck.

4. abclawncare

have you had problems with any cutting problems

5. abclawncare

wow that post sounded weird i guess i need to proof read alittle better, what i`m asking is do you have cutting problems due to the deck not having enough suction or the wheels matting the grass down

6. NMS0219

The only problems I have are with the locking deck. They just dont want to lock any more. I have adjusted and adjusted and still no luck with the lock. What I have found is that you need to clean the deck every night after mowing or it wont suck the grass up and leave stripes of un-cut grass. And change the blades out with sharp ones often.

7. NMS0219

How many hours are on your machine? Mine just turned 600 Friday.

8. abclawncare

my machine has about 350hr i have had it for about three years but for the first year only was part time last year and this year went full time into the bis.
    i have done some mod to this machine and is now doing ok but still could be better . i have noticed that the biuld up makes a huge difference in cut, the changes that i made was the blades and the bar that holds the deck at the corrected hieght. i changed blades to meg mo i think it helped make a better cut. i was thinking about changing the tires to the turf saver twos thinking it might help with tear up being such a small tire. do u have any toughts about that or any other changes that i chould make.

9. NMS0219

What did you do the the bar that keeps the height? Those blades made a big diff? Worth the $? What did you have to do to put them on? Thanks Nick

10. vaughnslawns

vaughnslawns LawnSite Senior Member

they replaced my wings twice.