cub cadet ztr from TSC...Commercial use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by amarino, Mar 9, 2006.

1. amarino

amarino LawnSite Member
    from MA

Saw a 50" ztr Cb Cadet at tractor supply co today. Only $2999, but I think it is NOT for commercial use. The CC web site lists it as "residential".

Anyone use one of these commercially?

2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

stay away.... its homeowner stuff

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

HECK YEAH THEY ARE COMMERCIAL USE MACHINES!

They use them in the commercials to try and make people believe they are going to be buying something that is a good product. So, they are a commercial machine.

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

It might hold up for the first year, but after that expect problems.

5. amarino

amarino LawnSite Member
    from MA

Thanks...thats what I thought. Since my budget is around $3000 I will probably go with something used like a exmark or scag 52" a few years old.

6. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Won't hold up through your first year. Better off to go used!

7. sporter96

sporter96 LawnSite Member

Seem like Cub May have a reasonably price Commercial Line. I don't know anything about These, but take look at this:

Model # : M50-KHS TANK
    Price: $4,999.00

http://www.cubcadetcommercial.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category1_10401_17504_33803_Y_-1
    -------------

Professional grade Kohler® Command® V-Twin OHV engine provides the strength for year after year of tough, reliable power and durability.
    50" floating, 13-gauge stamped deck and 9 mph forward travel speed (4 mph reverse) lets you get the job done quickly.
    Dual 5-gallon fuel tank provide for longer running time and increased productivity
    Fully welded steel frame provides increased strength.
    Integrated Dual Hydro-Gear™ ZT2 w/oil reservoir for cooler running temperatures which results in increased durability and smoother operation.
    3-way adjustable lap bars for individualized ft and comfort.
    ----------

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Now see, why even waste time in your specs saying that you have a Fully welded steel frame, when in the same specs you put that you have a thin steel stamped deck. I'm sorry, but in my mind, if the deck is a stamped deck and not a seamless welded deck, with at least a 10 gauge top and a 7 gauge side.. it's not going to stand up the same.

9. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

So youre saying that Deere's stamped decks arent going to hold up either??

10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Deere's decks hold up as good if not better than any fabricated deck because they are stamped from thick 7 guage steel verses the cub's thin 13 guage steel deck. The M50 is not really a commercial machine even though they say it is. Its more of a high end residential. The M48's and all the other M series are commercial grade mowers.