Cub Cadet ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Backyard Landscaper, May 1, 2006.

1. Backyard Landscaper

Backyard Landscaper LawnSite Member

Hello all, just looking for some opinions. I am looking to buy either a rzt50 or maybe one of the z-force series lawnmowers and would like to hear some pros and cons. I am a homeowner mowing a little better than 1 acre fairly flat and a few trees and other obstacles. Love the commercial grade stuff, just can't justify the $ for my use. Thanks for the info.

2. Tiger 1

Tiger 1 LawnSite Member

i know this is months off from your original question, but did you ever decide on a mower or get any feedback on one of the two you asked about?

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

They are junk for 3k + taxes look at what you are getting,

4. Tiger 1

Tiger 1 LawnSite Member

i'm in the market now... i have 1.3 acres...all grass and pretty flat....steering towards scag or dixon due to dealers close by

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

It's like this if you are mowing a flat easy property with no ruts and jarring the mower they will hold up some but they have a cheap deck not deep to handle thick grass,it all depends what you are mowing and your cost how much are you wanting to spend.

6. Tiger 1

Tiger 1 LawnSite Member

are you talking about the dept. store brands such as troy bilt or the scag...im looking on spending around 4500.00 or so...thx for the info...

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

Scags tiger cubs are 6k they are coming out with a cheaper z my guess aroung 5k, what dealers are close what are you wanting.

8. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

You may want to look at a good commercial walk behind for the price you are looking to spend. More bang for the buck. Get a velke and go.

9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

they are not commercial mowers, so they will break the first season of commercial use.. move up to the tanks by cub...