Cub Cadet ztrs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Sep 22, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Has anybody used a cub cadet tank? My friend said they are solid and I've been looking at them. Pros and cons?

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

There some of the best zt mowers on the market. :)

3. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the tanks are very well built machines. Beware though, the cheapest of the line, the M50 model is a residential unit in Tank clothing. It has the same engine, integrated drives and deck as their residential Z-Force unit.

The new ZWing 48 mower is a hybrid with a fold up deck and the deck design has not yet been worked out, don't buy one until next year.

All the other tanks which include the M48, M52, M60 and M72 appear to be good units, with fabricated decks and an impressive individual pump and wheel motor assembly that can be swapped as a unit. The engine choices are also very good.

Be sure you get a better CC dealer than I did. I ended up baling out of my CC, not so much because of the unit as the dealer.

Good luck,
    Doc

4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah they do seem built. It's funny that mtd can make such good mowers. I still don't know where I'm going to live and I might move being in the katrina disaster.

5. waffletown20

waffletown20 LawnSite Member
    from PA

The only complaint I've heard was the quality of cut wasn't good. A demo would be the way to find out if you like it or not.

6. wriken

7. bondman35a

bondman35a LawnSite Member

Same as lesco z two, Get a lesco and save a few bucks. I love my z two, IMO you cant go wrong with cc/lesco

8. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a Tank 52 and it's built solid. had it for almost two years now and nothing at all for problems. Do only about 20-25 yards a week. Hard to get blades for it. As others had said find a good dealer because the one I have sucks. Went to another dealer 1 hour away. I would get another one if a good dealer was closer.Solid ZTR's for sure. The "wing" looks like a good idea, but let it weed out the pros and cons first few years. Mine has got the armrest and kaw engine. LOVE IT

9. wriken

Here's where I get my blades for the 60's I have. Do you have the 3/4" center hole.

10. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Huh yea, but I dont see where you get your blades? From a web site?