Cub Cadet ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 18lmslcsr, Apr 14, 2007.

1. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr LawnSite Member

Are there any commercial LCO's using the Cub Cadet 33" 344cc wide area walk behind mower?

This would be used for smaller yards with gates less than 36". For a number of seasons have used the 21" self propelled Toro's, but the fixed cost associated with these mowers vs time to completion of task seems to be widening with the high cost of consumables (ie...fuel, oil, lub's). At one point it was possible to provide these smaller lots quality service at an attractive price, but it is getting more and more difficult to hold the price point relative to the current market conditions. 18Lms' base client strategy is small to moderate size lots and very few commercial properties. This niche market has sustained the service for 6 seasons. I have found that the structure of the market in SE WI is such that there is a flood of new services, that the price point in the market is being driven down further and further and the way in which to compete and remain successful is to provide service to more clientele. A wide area mower would help to add at least 1-2 extra accounts per day and stave off decreasing market pressures.

C.:)

2. Horsepower Lawns

Horsepower Lawns LawnSite Member

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I was looking at the craftsman 33" walk behind which is the same exact mower except the cub has an elec. start. I probaly will buy one of these but I will not be using it heavy. They are not commercial mowers so they won't last as long but if you don't have too many lawns to cut with it, it might be a good mower