Cub Cadet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AWR, Mar 12, 2008.

1. AWR

AWR LawnSite Member

i was at tractor supply last week and noticed they make a zero turn ride on mower, kind off like the exmark lazer but $ 3000 cheaper and it has 25 hp kawi engine. my question is do you think it is a good idea to buy this one insted of and exmark or any other simalar machine for my business,
    ps this machine wont be used on every house every day??

and doeyone know if the make a bagger for this machine

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/topcategory_10051_14101_-1

2. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

Keep in mind that unit looks like it has a stamped deck and is not anywhere near the same class as the Lazer or any other commercial Z mower. Also, the warranty is limited to 120hrs. That will override the 3 years (even if you were to try and pass it off as residential usage). What brands have a local dealer near you? If you still want a Cub, go and look at a commercial model at your dealer. That unit at TSC isn't designed for anything more than a homeowner using it once a week.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Don't be fooled...There is ALOT of difference. Research pumps, hydro motors, spindles, bearings, and the list goes on and on. A true commercial mower is built to cut grass all day - EVERY day. These machines aren't even close. there are guys on here that have worn those machines out in a season.

4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

That is straight up a residential unit... if you want something durable for a good price, look at hte more affordable tank they just came out with called the Recon

5. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I would buy an Exmark WB if I couldnt afford the Exmark ZT. Maybe a Wright Stander. I just wont settle for so so when buying a mower.