Cub Cadet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

Anyone use cub commercial products?? If so, do you like them?
    I was thinking about purchasing a new 36inch with 13 horsepower, what do you think i should pay for that machine.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you should be able to find someone like that for about $2,500 or even less.

I use a lot of cub cadet products and I love them. I have used some commerical walk behinds, and back pack blowers of theirs. I have also used hedge trimmers and stick edgers.

3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a MTD pro 36 hyd WB in 1998. The Cub Cadet name came later. Their the same machine. We used it commercially for three years and put lots of hours on it. Still have it to do my own lawn. Only trouble we had with it was the belt tensioner system didnt hold up well. In fact in 1998 you would almost think it was made by Scag. Lots of interchangable parts with Scag.

4. tiedeman

from earth

That was just about the only major problem we had with it too. We ended up stripping the dang nut really bad

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

great mowers, I have 3 of them as of now.

6. tiedeman

from earth

did you go pick up another 60" wriken?

7. wriken

trading in the 48w/b for a ztr rider 60" any day, tried to sell it on ebay, no luck, but going in for trade before the 31st, rebate ends then. Going to try the 27 hp kohlor, so that will give me 2-60's and the money maker 72"

8. tiedeman

from earth

wriken, pm me the price of the 48" again. I forgot the last time that we spoke what you were selling it at

Why not get the honda?

9. wriken

I've heard good and bad on the honda's, heard quite abit good on the kohlor.

10. LHlandscaping

LHlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from PA/ SW

I am very pleased with my Cub's. Although sometimes when you compare the price with strictly commercial brands i.e. Walker, I sometimes scratch my head and wonder if I'm only buying a glorified MTD lowe's machine at triple the price. Eventually I plan to switch out all riders to Walkers but there is no Walker dealer close to me yet. So, overall if I was no compare a Cub "tank" to a Walker the Walker would be my choice since the Cub's can cost almost the same amount.