1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bunky, May 26, 2004.

1. bunky

bunky LawnSite Member

I asked a similar question before with not much response but now I'm thinking of buying this unit, it's a Cub Cadet 4818R (walkbehind) it's an older unit but in good shape... does anyone own one of these or had one of these???? My biggest concern is can I get aftermarket blades for this machine???

And last time I asked about this machine someone asked if it was a "Tank" I don't think it is but it might be....
  2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I think that mower is produced by Lesco. You shouldn't have any problems finding after-market blades for it. I dont have a link to one of the after-market parts sites, but there are some pretty good ones out there. J-thomas comes to mind.
  3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I had a 48" with a 16 b/s motor, was a hydro. I did'nt use it much, because I have 3 ztr riders, but when I did, it did just fine. Blades are cheap, lesco/scag will fit, get the from j-thomas.com. I think thats the address.
  4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a 36hydro MTD PRO new in 1998. Same make as your CUB. Still runs like a champ.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

don't worry, you will be able to find blades for it