1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cub cadet??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chambers 38, Dec 20, 2004.

1. chambers 38

chambers 38 LawnSite Member

Ya I know this is a RESADENSHAL mower, But I think its going to be better then my craftsmen rider 42”
    I was at Lowe’s home improvement and found this new ZTR cub cadet 50” ZTR rider.
    Price was $2999.99 this for me is a big selling point,
    I’m thinking this would be better then my craftsmen until I can get my Ex mark that I want.
    So who here has a cub cadet, and what do you think about it??
    Thanks Gil
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I guess you are talking about that Z-Force ZTR? Most people seem to like the cut from that new 50" deck on the 1024 Cub lawn tractor. I wouldn't think it would be a bad choice for a temporary mower. It's hard to get much in the way of a commercial mower around 50" for 3K.
  3. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

I made the same mistake your getting ready to make. I purchase the 44" ZForce. Had trouble with the spindles and deck. The REAL problem was getting parts. Took 6 months to get a new deck (under warranty). Do yourself a favor and get a commercial machine if possible. You'll save yourself a lot of headaches. By the way, I sold my ZForce as soon as I got it back together for less than half what I paid.
  4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I think it would work out pretty good for you as a temporary machine. It is made by MTD so parts should be easy to get and there are plenty of service centers if you had a warranty issue. It is a pretty good deal at $3000.
  5. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

That's what I thought.
  6. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

finance the exmark
  7. chambers 38

chambers 38 LawnSite Member

Ya on the finance,, its that 14 % interest thing
    and one a hand full of custemers,, I know I will be getting more in the upcoming spring, but on the other hand my crapman has already let me down on a hand full of custemer's.
    Ever since I work on the gas tank (it was leaking so i replaced it) it dosent like to start the first time.
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Many are offering 0% - 3.9% for 36 months. Some are even offering a winter program of 0 interes, 0 payments for 6 months, the 1.9% there after with monthly payments of 2% of the original balance.

But yeah, I understand about financing. I don't like to do it, not even with the above offers. It's risky business and a lot can happen over the term of a loan, especially if you just have a handful of accounts.
  9. rodzilla94

rodzilla94 LawnSite Member

i have the exact same one the ztr 50 cub cadet for a back up i traded a old 4 wheeler for it. the guy at my mower shop wanted it so we traded it was a new cub....as far as my opinion its ok machine but dont use it for your primary mower it wont last the thing hates mowing hills its to light for that i just took it to the shop to get some warranty work done and the brigs 22hp motor (the thing only has 10 hours on it) they have had the thing for 3 weeks and cant figure out the prob. with the motor save your money and get a walk behind mower trust me my friend dont bother
  10. Envy Lawn Service

I thought about the hill thing because I see one around here where there is hills and this sucker has had some AGRESSIVE tires put on it. But, this guy is in Florida, so I didn't figure that was an issue.

As far as the Briggs motor, gimmie the info on it and describe the problem.
    I can probably help you get this resolved presto. Believe me, 3 weeks will turn into 3 months with todays techs. Most have little to no diagnostic skills.