Cub Cadet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John P., Feb 26, 2005.

1. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

Just got home from the farm and fleet in my area, and i was looking at the cub cadet zero turn sit on mowers. The unit was a 50" deck, with a 22 horse V- twin engine (Briggs and straiten) electric start. looked nice but I'm unsure of the quality of them as far as using it as a commercial mower. Any advice or comments on cub cadet, or their ZTRs please let me know.

2. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

The mower you are refering to is probably the same one they have at Lowes. It is a homeowner ZT. I don't think it will hold up to everyday commercial use.

3. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

Cub is owned by MTD and makes average commercial products at best...

The funny thing is they are almost as expensive as the high end ExMark, Scag, Ferris, John Deere and Great Dane mowers.....

The mower at Farm and Fleet is a homeowner mower...you do get what you pay for!

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Cub TANKS are as good as any out there......... We have 3 of them and no problems!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

To each his own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Freakin calm down!!!!!!!)

The Cub Tanks don't impress me at all and the dealers in my area are basically clueless when it comes to landscapers as they do mainly homeowner business...

Have you ever tried an ExMark or a Scag?? Much better machines and a better quality of cut!

6. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

so you think i could get a ex mark ztr that has a 50" and more that 20 horse for about 3 grand?

7. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure Legacy is talking about the Cub Tank, which IS a commercial mower. The 50 " mower for the money you are talking about is a homeowner unit.

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

No. Not unless you find a used one.

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Have you ever tryed a cub TANK????? It all depends on who is using it.

10. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Not many people on this site likes cubs i dont think. But even I dont like any non comm equipment the homeowner stuff will just wear out to quick if your using it every day