1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John P., Feb 28, 2005.

1. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking into cub cadet zero turn mowers, but can not afford the tank. So the other option was the 50 inch cutting deck with the 20 some odd horse Briggs, or the Z force with a Kohler engine. The difference in price is a thousand dollars is it worth it and what do you guys thing of the cub cadet Z force compared to the other less expensive Cud.
  2. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

Not trying to be a smart az@, but did'nt we just discuss these mowers in the last couple of days?
  3. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

yes i asked a similar question but with doing more research i found out about the "Z Force" which is said to be more of a commercial unit.
  4. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

I made the mistake of buying the Z Force. Had a lot of trouble with the deck and spindles.While it is labeled a commercial mower (mine was marked "commercial" on a plate under the seat), the Cub sales rep for my area said that was in fact "not a commercial mower". Of course I had a discussion with him about false advertizing. In a nut shell, if you want a commercial mower your going to have to dish out 5 grand or more. If you are homeowner using this machine once a week, the $3000.00 Cub at lowes will probably serve your purpose. Just don't hit anything with the deck.
  5. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

if i replied to the other thread about this i prob said to check out the LESCO Z2. Its the same as the TANK and cheaper. Its like 6 grand for a 54 inch deck and KAW. motor
  6. rodzilla94

rodzilla94 LawnSite Member

ok there junk i mean j-u-n-k i had one for a back up it has a briggs 22 hp on it within 14 hours on the meter i already had to replace the spindles the pullys the motor had to be rebiult and the left side pump went out stay away from them they are for homeowner use ONLY ;)
  7. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

The Z Farce is a joke...

If you are looking for a lower priced Z rider Ariens/Gravely makes some decent homowner stuff for less than $4000.
  8. club54

club54 LawnSite Member
    from alabama

the tank is the 1 Iwould go with had mine for 5 years
  9. Green Quality

Green Quality LawnSite Member

I know your pain,I think the cub tank 10% down 0% for 36 months,what i did, I started last year with the 2180 I had know trouble,I put 355 hr of hard cutting, I know that the z-force both briggs and kohler have the same transmission,I never had trouble with my spindles because I greese them every other day,thank you.changed the engine oil 2 times a month syn-oil, I think if you maintain it, you can prove them all wrong!l :p