1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cub cadet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thelostbubba, Mar 17, 2005.

1. thelostbubba

thelostbubba LawnSite Member

Are Cub Cadet commercial grade good mower?....do they last? Built well?
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Do a search, you'll find tons of info. on them.
  3. Go for the Green

Go for the Green LawnSite Member

They are decent mowers but are by no means as good as the top brands like ExMark, Scag etc...
  4. turfmastersplus

turfmastersplus LawnSite Member

i have one of there 36'' 14 hp walk behinds and it is as good as any brand walk behinde out there i;ve got exmark and toro :cool2:
  5. Lance007

Lance007 LawnSite Member

I have been using a Cub Cadet 21" which is supposedly an MTD product and have used it daily for 2 years without any problems. I was a Toro fan for a long time until I kept having problems with the wheel height adjusters wearing the notches out in the body of the mower. A poor design if you ask me.
  6. mattydjakd

mattydjakd LawnSite Member

I have one of their ZTR's. It is a good mower, although I have used better. It gets my 10 lawns done just fine. Not a fan of how it handles on slopes, but you can figure out ways to get it done. I think they are made by lesco. For the price, and if you are part-time, I think it is worth the purchase as you save a few bucks but know it will more than likely last you a while. I am sure there are full-time guys who use them who like them as well. You know how it goes, all personal preference and dealer support.
  7. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

yes to all