Cub Commercial?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BCFLawnLandscape, Nov 28, 2005.

1. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Have cut w/Cub Commercial mowers for a yr. now. Bought the ZWing 48" w/ the fold up deck to get into a 36" gate. Anyone else have problems w/the deck folding up and down? Looking to buy a 60" or 72" TANK in the spring. Anyone run these mowers and if so how do you like them?

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

You can get a Lesco machine for a lot less money than the Cub Commercial and they are the same mower. I've heard a lot of good things about them and their definately one of the better machines out there.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I have the 60" Lesco Z, which is the same as the Cub M-60 Tank.
    Great machine.

If your Cub dealer is good though, and reasonably priced, there are a lot more engine options available from Cub. Lesco's are only available with Kawasaki and Generac engines so far. Cub has both of these, plus Kohler, Honda and new for '06 a diesel. Plus they have various liquid cooled and EFI options.

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I could'nt have said it better.:)

5. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes they're a little cheaper, but you can't get the service with Lesco as you would with a Cub dealer. That's half the game.
    Love my M60 Tank. Great cut and striping.
    Getting to old for that 36 walkbehind though. Going with a 36 stander in the spring. Got to make my life a little easier!:blob3:

6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

If you spelled definitely right you could have.

7. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Could you please give a review of the Z-wing? I have not found anyone who actually owns one to find out how it works and cuts in the field.

Thanks

8. tank

tank LawnSite Member

the deck has been redone check with your dealer and get a brand new deck at no charge

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, that's great news for this guys because he's having the difficulty with the fold-up.
    Glad to hear of some companies still do the right thing when they realize there's a bug to work out.

Hey Tank, are you not pretty close to where they build all these mowers?

10. tank

tank LawnSite Member

about 1.5 hours away cub has always stood behind their product sometimes its the dealer who dosent want to take care of things all it takes is a email or phone call . thats why i stick with selling cub only