cub commercial

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BCFLawnLandscape, Jun 25, 2006.

1. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

i have a tank and a 48 inch z-wing with only 150 hours on them both, i have broken a belt on each of them, the deck belt that runs the blades within two weeks, the 48 about 2 weeks ago and the 60 today, must have been cheap belts or something

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We just replaced the deck belt last week on the 60" tank. First time in over a year. They should be changed every year anyways.:)

3. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Cub is owned by MTD and the words "commercial" and "MTD" should NEVER go together.

MTD has no clue how to treat commercial customers and their dealers are even more clueless. MTD/Cub dealers are zoned in on homeowner business. It's all they really understand.

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe in your area but not here. Our dealer knows everything about commerical mowers and always has the parts if we need them the next day. Do you own Cub TANKS??????

5. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats what I was going to say.

6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Excuse me.. some people might really take offense to that statement. Have you ever dealt with MTD from a dealer standpoint? When you call MTD/Cub numbers, their main goal is to not have to deal with you even though you are their customer. What they do love to do is feed you the customer a line of Bull$hit and tell you that the dealer will take care of it, when the dealer has to go through the same cr@p to get authorization numbers from MTD.

If you're going to buy a mower that is built by a company whose main goal is getting Box Store shoppers to buy a cheap mower every year... then you should expect the same in the service department from MTD. MTD servicing dealers know how hard it can be to deal with MTD sometimes, and are not going to stick their neck out just to make MTD look good.

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, another knock down drag out on brands.

8. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

lol.. i have owned mtd pro zero turns and own one now.. well my 60 inch used to eat belts up and they had a recall that helped but still they did not last long. i now have one 54 inch mtd pro and that does not have that problem.. i was told by the dealer that some models had this problem for some reason. i dont know if they fixed it for the tanks but it sounds like they did not..

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

*cough* your a moron *cough*

Buddy I have owned Exmark, scag, bob-cat, gravely, bunton, goodall etc etc and the Tank is just as good as all of them if not better than most. So untill you have owned one I recommend you shut your pie hole. :nono:

10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I had one used it for a couple of years and sold it for decent enough money. After I was done cutting with it I used it for spraying. I had a 300 lb water tank mounted above the engine for my sprayer. This wrecked the rear axle after a year or so, hills were the worst on it.
    Ours also ate belts but only in the top height setting. The belt would hit the frame and blow apart. Once we learned never to cut in the top height we never had a problem.
    Parts were a pain over here because there were so few of them here.