Cub, Hustler, Husky???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lafrance4078, Feb 28, 2005.

1. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

Checked on some mowers today that I saw advertised. 1st is a Hustler Z 52" 23 hp Kawi with 260hrs on it. It seems to be in very good condition. It is at the Hustler dealer. It is last years model and was their demo, 6,999.00 They are offering the full factory warranty. 2nd: Cub Commercial 54" 27 hp Kohler 0hrs 3 year warranty 6,999.00 3rd: Husqvarna 48" 23hp Kawi 0hrs 2 year warranty, 5,795.00 I am looking for any comparrisons that people may have with these three models the husky and Cub are this years models. I liked the deck height adjustment on the cub. The Hustler has a good name behind it. The Husky is brand new at this dealer. They have not sold any of them. The dealer said that they could not give any feedback on it because he hasn't had the chance to deal with them much. They have the mowers only because they wanted to cary the hand held equipment and thus have to carry the mowers. Let's have it folks!!! Thanks ahead of time.

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Difference on the new Husky is in the deck, which looks very nice. Im not sure on the other units but I have used the Husky and I really like it.

Most of the parts will be the same on all those mowers, hydro pumps, clutches, etc. so go after dealer support and who you would like to deal with in the end!

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I think you can eliminate the Hustler. Think about it. For the same price you can have a machine with 0 hours and a a lot more horsepower thats probibly just as good as the Hustler. Thats a pretty good deal on that Husky but i'd tale the new Cub over any of them. JMO.

4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I am biased toward Hustler because thats what I run, but the Cub seems to have a good deal on it. I would eliminate the Husky and decide on the Cub or the Hustler.

5. saw man

from utah

Why would you guys eliminate the Husky? Just curious.

6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I would eliminate The Husky b/c 1. The other two have decks over 50" and 2. The other two seem like better deals for the money. The price does sound good on the Husky and it has a Kawasaki. I am going to have to lean toward the Hustler now b/c The Cub has a Kohler engine. That was the deal breaker and I didn't notice the Cub had a Kohler when I posted earlier. I now have made up my mind on the Hustler.

7. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

i demoed a cub before and liked it alot. Out of the 3 choices you have given i would go with the cub. :waving:

8. saw man

from utah

Id go with the Husky. I have great support in this area, and it cuts very well. Dealer support for the others is not that great. But I do believe the Husky would not disapoint you, and you would be very happy with it!

9. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I have a cub 54" honda engine used it 2 seasons allready not one single problem so far, has plenty of power, stripes awesome, all the caster wheels have grease fittings out of all the mowers i have used (exmarks,scags,encore,wright even my new JD777) i think the cub has a better quality of cut and more comfortable to use. i wouldnt even have to think about it i would choose the cub.

10. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

WOW! Thanks for the input guys. I was a little worried about the Husqvarna because the dealer hasn't sold any of them and didn't know anything about them. Like I said, he only has the Husky mowers because they make him sell them. He wanted the hand tools thus, has the mowers. The husky and Cub are at the same dealer. Seems to have great service. I am going back next week when the weather around here is a little more conducive to demoing. I will let you know. Thanks again.