Cub spindle bagger test

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by realtor, May 23, 2003.

1. realtor

realtor LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

High wet grass....
    Packed bagger full...
    works for me.

Realtor:D

1.jpg

2. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

What deck and motor combo do you have? Those cubs sure are nice whether its side discharge or bagging.

Nice Job!

Any photos of the bagger on the machine? I have been thinking about making the purchase but I can side discharge so easily without clumping etc. that it seems like a waste of money to me.

How much lawn did you fit in the bagger defore having to dump?

Jimbo

3. Jimbo

I just love pulling up to a property, and having the owner think I am going to make a mess because the grass is either tall, wet, or both. Then I pull out my equipment and make the lawn look great. Its a really good feeling.

Jimbo

4. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen many of your pics on high and wet grass and have never seen any mess. Are you bagging?,mulching, doubles, all three?

5. Jimbo

UGA- Dont know why? This is the first ZTR I have owned so I cant compare enough to really figure it out. I only side discharge with my rider and I run High lift standard or High lift gator type blades. All photos thus far have been with standard high lifts.

My guess would be a good deck design coupled with good deck size to Horsepower ratio. 52" deck with 23HP engine.

I cant really say why, but the combo works.

Jimbo

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

is this the kind of vac u using?

mvc-013s.jpg

7. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same machine and love it! I have been cutting with it in the rain for past three days. It shoots out grass looking like it was bagged. Also the bagging system is awesome, works very well in wet grass. I use standard blades that came with the machine and a Scag high lift on discharge side. This combo works well for me here.

8. Jimbo

Well we know its not just mine at least. Rob1325- Have any photos?

Jimbo

9. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I was bagging in drizzle all day today. No pics just to busy trying to finish up. But if I did have pics they would have been great. I'll try to take pic of my Cub sometime, when I catch up with work.

10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

My 72" disperses the clipping better than my 60", wonder why. They probably have the same deck design and blade speed.:confused: