Cube Vans

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AB Lawn Care, Feb 15, 2000.

1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I have often thought that a cub van would be good to use for a lawn cutting truck.Does any one use cube vans for this?If so what do you think of using them?<p>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

2. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i dont use one, i use an explorer but i imagine a cube van would be good because of the large area to advertise

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

There are a few cube vans running around here used in this business. I think it is a great idea too. Good place to store your equipment out of the rain. If you could get a deisel one it would be perfect.

4. ashlandscaping

ashlandscaping Banned

Their is a couple around here. I guy I know runs 2 looking for third. He like them better then a truck and trailer. He put a rediramp on the back to get the mower in and out. Only down fall here is what do you do with them in the winter?? no good to plow with. Cant haul bulk with? Its like haveing an enclosed trailer but it all in one instead of truck and trailer.

5. Z7199999

Z7199999 LawnSite Member

Cub Vans are good if you are not bagging any grass. They have no place to put grass. It might be kind of a pain to off load a cub van full of grass. Unless you can afford to have a p/up follow the cube to the bagging lawns. Which means another truck and another driver. If you do not have a lot of lawns to bag then cube vans are awesome. It is like a little traveling shop. Everything you need is inside.

6. jeffclc

jeffclc Guest

Check out www.superlawntruck.com

7. AB Lawn Care

from Ontario

Yes I have seen the super lawn trucks.They look awsome.But there is one big problem!By the time I bought it and brought it up throught the border I'm looking at paying at least 60,000+ for one of those trucks.This is one of those time I love being canadian(NOT!).<p>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Z7199999, Couldn't you just pull a trailer behind the cube van for grass clippings. <p> Hey Adam, I think I read somewhere that you are from Stratford, do you know Cosyn's Greenhouses in Stratford? I cut their cottage near where I live, small world I guess.

9. AB Lawn Care

from Ontario

Yes I know Cosyn's.They are the largest green house in town.I don't deal with them exclusively,Becouse they offer a 10% discount for contractors and we can get 30% at an other green house in town.They have been refering and using a well established competator in town for years now.Where is their cottage?<p>from:Adam<br>AB LAWN CARE

10. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Have any of you checked out the Super Lawn Truck? It is pricey but it is the ultimate in advertising, security, efficiency and ego. Check it out at www.superlawntruck.com<br>David