cul-de-sacs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by harperservices, Mar 18, 2002.

1. harperservices

harperservices LawnSite Member

I have a Chev Suburban and a 8 foot by 5 trailer. How in the Heck do you guys get in out of small cul-de-sacs?

I have many account calling and they say no one every comes down their street to do business.

Now I see why!

Help with advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blob2:

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Where there's a will.. there's a way.

I have one street I have to back down a couple hundred yards. No biggie..

Their grass and money.. is just green :)

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Simple,......Back up!

But there are no cul-de-sac's that I cant turn around in. I have a Extended Cab Long bed pickup with a 16' trailer. Suburbans turn even tighter!???

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

That not that long....must be micro cul-de-sacs! I have a Ford crew cab long bed with a 16' trailer and turn it around in one of the smallest one's around. If a car is parked in it I'm screwed and must back in.:angry:

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

A cul-de-sac has a loop at the end correct? Hug the outside curb and wind your way out.

I do one street, maybe 1000 feet long, just stops at a barrier. The municipal plow trucks, trash collection, oil delivery etc all must back all the way down the street lest they be boxed in like a turtle's winkey. As long as there are not too many cars parked on either side I can usually back in a driveway to turn around. Otherwise its back it all the way out. Takes a little time but the aggravation is reflected in the price.

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Pull in, run over the lawns and give a price to fix it, just blame on the guy who just left. LOL

7. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

One of these on a cab over!!!

wtsuppix01.gif

8. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

another brand

ingram_examples_lawn03.gif

9. Bladewielder

Bladewielder LawnSite Member

I agree with KirbysLawn...must be a pretty small cul-de-sac. I drive an '85 Chevy 3/4 ton reg. cab long bed and pull a 16' trailer. This model truck does not have a very tight turning radius (which might be your problem) so I installed a receiver hitch for the trailer. If you don't already have one go get one. I recommend a class III or class IV. You will be amazed at how much more sharply you can turn around while towing. This will enable you to turn more sharply before jack-knifing. If that does not solve your problem back down the street. (Hint: longer trailers back easier.)

10. cuttingedgelawncare

cuttingedgelawncare LawnSite Member

i agree there are some loops that i cannot just round the corner. i drive an f-250 ext. cab with 16 ft. trailer and usually there is a home directly at the end of the loop, pull in that drive and back out into another driveway, straighten up and pull out that simple.
    if that wont work then just back all the way in, have someone block traffic if need be