cup holders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, Feb 21, 2001.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i have a new exmark lazer z. i see that they have a cup holder. i really dont want to drill holes into it for a cup holder. does anyone know a company that makes a cup holder that fits on without drilling? someone should maybe develop one to fit in the extra holes where the deck height cut lever is.

2. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

Getcha bicycle water bottle cage and mount it with two hose clamps on something round. Thats what I'm going to do.
    Grateful

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

mdb, Just FYI, the Exmark cup holders are completely worthless. There is NO way that anything can stay in there. I've talked to too many people that have them, and now they don't even get used. I wanted one, but my dealer talked me out of it and gave me two hats instead. Go with the bicyle water bottle cage instead. You could put it about anywhere. I didn't know you drilled holes for those. I thought you just removed the two bolts and put them back in with the holder in between.

4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

The z master comes with them built into the gas tank standard!

5. jimsny

jimsny LawnSite Member

I tried the water bottle years back and it did not work. It was all metal and I clamped the bracket to my eXmark walk behind. The vibration tore the bracket from the basket that actually holds the bottle. I wil do it again but this time use hose clamps and put them through the bracket AND basket.

Tip... Freeze the bottle the night before so it is always cold. You can take your bid Drinks back at the truck from the cooler or water jug and just use the bottle as a quick refresher.

REMEMBER... In terms of proper hydration... If you get to the point that you are actually thirsty you are TOO LATE! You want to take on water on a regular basis throughout the day so that you never actually get thirsty!

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I just wear one of those baseball hard hats with the holder for two cans of beer and the hose going to my mouth! Works great, looks a little strange but it keeps the throat from getting parched! :rolleyes:

I'm only kidding! I put two "nipper" bottles of old No. 7 in them instead! :p

8. double e

double e LawnSite Member

My Woods mower has one and a square recessed hole in the gas tank for drinks and possibly food- They suck!. I'll make a pass, and on the way back see my drink laying there, b/c of the vibration.

I was thinking of this season to use a foam cooly cup around my can, to shove in the cup holder.

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My Grasshopper has one built into the fender. Its worthless. Even if a drink could stay on the mower, it would be covered with dust and dirt from cutting. Leave the drinks at the truck.

10. fdew

fdew LawnSite Member