1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Curb Hoppers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Apr 4, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

I recently won a bid with a lot of islands with large curbs,however during cutting today it seened awful hard on the ztr going up and down curbs. Does anyone know of curb hoppers? Even having the machine at a angle sometimes caused problems. I would like to be able to grab these and put them in the area where my feet are at on the turf tiger, to go to the next island, the area is spread out far. Thanks,eggy
  2. NoDownTime

NoDownTime LawnSite Member

Eggy, I believe that Walker makes a curb hopper that would help you. It serves as a foot rest when you are not using it. Check out walkermowers.com under accessories
  3. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I use a couple of 2"x6",1' long. There has to be something easier or at least less cumbersome, if anybody has something better I sure would like to hear about it.
  4. NoDownTime

NoDownTime LawnSite Member

Sorry Eggy, the curb jumper is actually under attachments on the walker web site not accessories.
  5. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Approach the curb in reverse. Back wheels first. Try it and see if it works.
  6. RyanCanMow

RyanCanMow LawnSite Member

The best thing we've found is two 8" wide ramps made out of half inch steel alloy. They are about 6" tall and about 14" long. They have expanded metal on the top for traction going up. They were cheap,and we made them ourselves. They can ride under your feet for a ZTR and on top of the deck for the WB while switching islands. They are also really light and strong. Good luck!
  7. eggy

Thanks guys I will check the walker site, the curbs are really to high to angle in reverse, basicly need like a long wheel chock (?spelling??) that is one sided....
  8. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

Walker works great it's part #5597 and sells for about $75

9. eggy

I guess the walker curb hopper would work ok for a 61 inch turf tiger? Any thoughts?