CURB JUMPER for Walker Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kjfaulk, Oct 2, 2002.

1. kjfaulk

kjfaulk LawnSite Member
    from NC

I demo a Walker mower today. The sales rep., recommended the curb jumper made by walker to help get the mower over curbs. I thought it was a good idea being that 75% of my mowing is jumping over curbs. What do you guys with walker mowers use to jump the curbs.
  2. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I use the curb jumper and it works great. No doubt about it...get it.
  3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

the ramps are nice, i really like the fact that they fit on the deck and give added support as foot rests!!

worth the $$$

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

How much are they? I'm going to pick up my new Walker tomorrow.

5. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

When I got one they were like $75 or so from Walker. Unless you are jumping HIGHer than normal curbs you don't need one.

What ya do is back straight into the curb, once the rear wheel has lifted over the curb, turn the mower side ways so that one drive wheel at a time backs up onto the curb. Once on the curb straighten out, engage blades and begin mowing. With a little bit of practice you will be doing it like a pro and just saved your self that $75, that could be spent for a dinner out with your favorite person. In my opinion $$ better spent.
  6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Walkers are so comfy. About the only thing missing is a remote.

As far as curb jumpers for other mowers, go to Wal-Mart to the rv section and get a couple of those, only a couple of dollars. Wheel chocks I guess is what they are.
  7. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

We have Walker's curb jumpers and love them....
  8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I dont really need one, all my accounts have driveways! I just liked the idea of the footrest. I'm not paying $75 for a footrest unless it massages my feet too!:D

9. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

not only do they make jumping curbs and getting on islands a snap they also double as a foot rest but not just a foot rest.
    they also take away some of the shock and vibration you get by keeping your feet on the deck. for $75 bucks you cant go wrong.
    once you use them you have to have one.
  10. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

mowngrow-I took those words right out of your mouth, didn't I? sorry, lol