Curb Jumping with a ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALarsh, Oct 24, 2004.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

How do you guys curb jump with a ZTR? Do I have to carry little ramps around with me when I need to get up on a curb?

I'm planning on getting a Toro Z-500 and was wondering about curb jumping, it would be a definite plus if I could do this.

Thanks.

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Just back up to the curb at an angle, they have enough power to get up the curb.

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep. Back up at an angle. No problem.

4. ALarsh

from Midwest

I wasn't worried about power, more the concern of scraping the deck on the curb attempting to get up on it.

So I could back up it at an angle and the deck doesn't bottom out or scrape on the curb?

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Well, you'll want to lift the deck up all the way first to be safe. The only Z I ever used was a 60" Toro, never had a problem with anything scraping.

6. ALarsh

from Midwest

Thanks for your help. :)

7. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

yes as said back rear wheels on angle , Also when front wheels are to mount gutter verge make shore they are square on as ive buckled one front wheel from this causing shake, wobble and make ya stop to correct it.

8. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, what they ^^^^^^^ all said!

I curb jump with my Toro Z588E no probs!

9. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

Scag Tiger Cub here and no problems - just make sure the front wheels are both coming up the curb at the same time.

10. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

With my super z I go over curbs head on. If I go back wheels first and it's a big curb my 'wheelie' wheels on the back scrape. I just go slow. I there is a corner I go up there. And raise the deck.