curbing machines

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Fivestar, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Fivestar

Fivestar LawnSite Member

Any of you guys own on or have used one??? Thinking of buying
    a lil bubba. I could use your input. Thanks:blob4:

2. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

havent used one, But got the info on the lil bubba too.. Looks like a neat set up , But seems like alot of cash for something that just makes curbs.. ??? Have you looked into the other brands as well ?? Dont' think I'm going that route at least at this point in time.. Dont see much demand for it in my area... Would be more for new construction and commercial ( new ) as well ....

3. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I have three friends that have (had) them. One is all set up with his kids and is making a go of it part-time. He has not quit his day job, but is making a little money and paying bills.

The second guy is a young guy about 25. He bought on to get rich quick. He works at a Home Depot and is subsidizing his curbing business to keep it runing.

The third guy is a longtime irrigation and landscape contractor. He bought one to have another draw for his main business. He used it exactly one time and then sold it. He is used to hard work, but said that wasn't worth it. He can hire a sub to come in and do it and turn a few dollars without all the investiment or work, and it is a lot of hard work.