Curbside Leaf Pick-up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willretire@40, Oct 20, 2006.

1. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

I am thinking about doing this. Anyone have any tips on it. How do you advertise it? How and what do you charge? Do you stay busy doing this?
  2. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The only problem with sucking up piles, is all the garbage in them, sicks,bags and all the other stuff you can think of. someone in your area will be able to fill you in on the pricing better then i can
  4. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

From my experience it is not worth it. We had a large trac-vac that you pull behind a truck. It would hold about 12 yards of chopped up leaves. Around here to dump them, you have to pay $5 per yard to dump them. That is $60 everytime.
  5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

In our area,some municipalities the city picks the leaves up at curbside.For our clients We put them on curb, city collects and disposes of them.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i do curb side pickup we charge $20 for the first 15 minutes then $1/min afterwards. sameday service if called in by 2:00. only real bad thing is alot of people will want it done on sunday they will call on saturday for sunday service ussaully the second and third sunday in Nov. those are the only sundays we work and i just go out by my self
  7. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I'll do pick up..$1 a min with a $40 dump fee

8. jcb287

jcb287 LawnSite Member

I have to agree with John on this one.We sucked up a dead squirrel on a curb side pickup last year,What a nasty smelling mess!:realmad: