1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Curbside leaf picup in michigan (Oakland County)

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by ein999, Sep 26, 2009.

1. ein999

ein999 LawnSite Member

Anyone know what cities in oakland county Michigan offer curbside pickup of leaves.

I do not have a dump truck or leaf vac so i need to advertise in areas that offer curbside pickup i know royal oak, clawson and sylvan lake offer this service. anywhere else in Oakland county is appreciated.

2. ein999

ein999 LawnSite Member

>>>>>>bump

3. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Why don't you just call the townships or cities and ask? Most have websites, I would assume.

4. ein999

ein999 LawnSite Member

Why search every city individually theres got to be an easier way.

5. JNyz

Sometimes you have to work in this business.

6. ein999

ein999 LawnSite Member

The feeling is mutual. I love what i do. I dont really like doing something unless i like what im doing and my client also is 100% content with what i am doing. I have no problems with hard work. I dread it but i was born and raised working hard all my life. I thank you for your replies and will do my best to build my business and do it right. Thanks again.

Bedros Demir

7. JNyz

I didn't mean to come across like a jerk. Where I live and work, leaf pick up, goes by townships, not cities. You should only have to make three or four calls. You also could just stop a contractor who is working and ask him what townships pick up leaves for the homeowners. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

8. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a dump truck with a leaf box and a leaf loader, if you guys want to rake them to the curb and i can come and pick them up for you we can work something out.

9. Nick's Neat Landscaping

Nick's Neat Landscaping LawnSite Member

Hey this is just a little off topic but the only reason i dont do curbside pick-up (except piles that i rake) is because you dont know WHAT they have put in there!!!
    Dont get me Wrong it sounds like a GREAT idea but just....think twice! i found a shoe in there but was too late and it went though the loader and I WAS DONE!!! the lady tried to sue me and i said sorry there's nothing i can do about it.....YOU raked the pile!