Curbside leaf removal in New England

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Gold Leaf Lawnscapes, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Gold Leaf Lawnscapes

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes LawnSite Member

I was wondering if any of you on here from New England do curbside leaf leaf removal. I have done a few, but would like to get more. I have had good luck doing them by outlining rules for piling them up. What do you do to get the word out about this service? It is a good filler job when you have the time to get more work in.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

put an ad in your local papers and you should get more work, probably not this late in the year but next year.

3. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I used to do it, no more. Got rid of my vac last year and have SO many less headaches now. If you are going to do curbside pick-ups you are going to have to deal with piles that are; wet, packed tight together, LOADED with garbage, sticks, and rocks, and so on and so forth. At least when you are doing your own work you know what's in there... not curbside. I've gone to jobs where I find 2x4's loaded with nails, old rotten pumpkins, childrens toys, etc. etc. etc. They think the loaders will suck up anything. It's just not worth it IMO.