Curiosity is killing me. What is so special about a walker?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Sep 28, 2012.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Ahhh much better. Honestly the best Walker stripes I have seen! Nice work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. electric

electric LawnSite Member

I took my split tail wheel kit off as it limited my original super tight steering radius that I was used to. Plus as crazy as it sounds I missed the stripe in the middle as it made the stripe unique to all others and kind of cool. I have looked at lawns in good conditions with and without the third wheel marks and rally thought it made them look sweet.

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I had the solid tail wheel and found it to cause too much damage on turning. As you make a three point the rear tail would pivot causing (sorry for the rhyme) a divot! The split wheel design counterrotates as you make your turn lessening the pivoting effect. Now for a solid stripe it looks cool but I still like the split tail stripe as it is unique to Walker.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I think a Walker is like an iPhone...even if it lacks badly in a few areas people will still like them...and even go as far as taking up for a badly designed or implemented feature just because its a Walker or an iPhone.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

SHHHHHHHHHH you are going to get some guys fired up with that one!

And that 3rd wheel stripe is not really unique to walker. I see it ALL the time with guys running walk behinds with a velky. And it still looks like crap to me and I admit I have used a velkie on a mower many times before we got ztr's and even then I did not like that 3rd center stripe.

6. electric

electric LawnSite Member

I was referring to the the kit that walker has that actually track directly behind the drive tires about three feet apart. When I referenced rear tail wheel marks, I mean the two tires that mount inside the single tail fork. There is not a mower around that can handle and follow the ground contour like a walker can, guys who own them know what I'm talking about. When grass conditions are at there best I think with the third wheel marks look awesome.

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

You think I care if they get fired up? Nope! ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I am not familiar with this kit. I still run my Iphone, um I mean Walker dispite some of the "badly designed" features but I don't recall a striping kit. Can you tell me more or show some pictures.
    I am getting the Walker ready for leaf season. Its hard to match the look even if a guy runs a velky but who wants to stand when you can sit. :drinkup:

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

He's talking about the wise split rear wheels. Take a look at the third pic down on the right. It opens the video about this option.

http://www.walkermowers.com/options/other-tires-wheels-options.php

10. nickslawnltd

nickslawnltd LawnSite Member

What I think is funny is that walker mowers always bring up heated debates on here. Seems more so than any other mower. The people that hate them always seem to have to speak out on it for some reason and the people that love them always seem to have to as well. Can't we all just get along? :clapping: it's kinda like a GM, Ford, Dodge etc truck argument.