Curious about a couple things

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Keith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I'm looking at buying an Lazer EPS 60" pretty soon, maybe within the next couple of weeks. I had been holding off to get the 28 EFI engine, but I'm not really sure I need it. I have been quoted a good price on a 26, which I think is a leftover 2002 model. I really didn't look at it too hard so I don't know for sure. Was a 2003 EPS model even available with the 26 or will all 03s be 28's? I like the idea of the tracking knobs and "formed" anti-scalp roller brackets on the 03. Also when might the 28's be arriving?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Kieth,

The 28's went into production some time last week. I'll do some checking but I think you may be able to retrofit the tracking adjustment knob to the 2002 model if you choose to do so. I'll need to verify for sure.

The 28 is a big increase in power over the 26 and may or may not be worth the wait. It really depends upon what you think. No real wrong choice here, just what you feel is the most bang for your buck.

Thanks

Terry

3. Keith

But all 2003 EPS models will be 28's? There were no early 2003's with the 26, correct?

4. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

You haev the option of 28 or 26. From what Terry has told me, the 28 is quite a step up in performance over the already stellar performance of the 26.

5. Keith

Oh, ok. I missed that part :) I thought the 28hp engine was replacing the 26 in the EPS line. I didn't realize both would still be available :cool: How much more, in list price, is the 28hp over the 26?

6. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

I think it's something like 300-500 bucks.

7. eXmark

Guys,

There were a large number of 26 EFI's build for 2003 and should still be available.

The 28's didn't go into production until recently.

Thanks

Terry

8. Keith

Terry or anyone at Exmark,

What refinements will I find in a 2003 26hp EPS over the 2002 model of the same mower. I have been quoted $450 more for the 2003. Need to make sure it's what I want. I have always liked the Turf Master tires. The only experience I have with Titans is the ones that came on my Yazoo/Kees. Within months I put Turf Masters on it ;) Of course I think they were model R/S not a C/S.

9. eXmark

Kieth,

The most significant changes would be the on board tracking adjustment knob, formed anti-scalp roller brackets (stronger and prevents debris build up), larger mule drive pulley's (helps improve belt life), and a change to the spindle assembly to help maintain bearing "clamp" load through out the life of the spindle.

Thanks

Terry

10. Keith

One more question for you. Did I read somewhere that the engine speeds had been increased to 3750rpms or something?

BTW, The dealer that I am going to buy from called Roberts Supply (distributor) and they said the 28hp would not be available until probably fall. Is Roberts mistaken, or is that pretty much when they could be expected in volume? Sorry for so many cheesy questions.