Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by 4Jester, Jul 28, 2005.

1. 4Jester

4Jester LawnSite Member
    from INDY

I've posted two threads in the past few weeks, hoping to get some information from the "lawn experts???". Nothing, I'm sure very exciting
    to them...just information or recommendations about a few brands of
    mowers from their experience.
    No! I don't have my own lawn service but do enjoy cutting grass
    and take a lot of pride in my work. If someone posts a questions on the
    wrong thread or under the wrong topic then why doesn't someone tell
  2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What was the question again?
  3. OrganicBob

OrganicBob LawnSite Member

First of all, Chill. Just start your own thread if you're having a problem getting responses. Be patient.

Anyway, I recomment the electric Black and Decker. Some may laugh, but if you have a small lawn, it works as well as or better than gas powered ones. If your lawn is large and you really take pride in it, I'd recommend a Toro with a removable rear clipping catch.
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You were asking about Z's. Find a few dealers in your area and demo them on your property. See which you like better. Any of the real comm'l units will give you good service as a homeowner.
  5. 4Jester

4Jester LawnSite Member
    from INDY

I appreciate the responses and the information.

Actually I cut 3 acres at home and another acre and a half across the street. I also have a few people asking if I would start cutting their lawns, again nothing under an acre. I know I'll be buying a Z because of the hours I'll have to cut, mainly late afternoon til dark and the increase in number of

I realize the choice will be a personal preference but wanted to get some ideas on the best cut quality if there's a difference? Most of the mower manufacturers are all nearby and I've narrowed it down to 3...eXmark, Scag, Ferris...48 to 52 cut. I do anticipate taking this to the next level, hopefully with starting a small service in my area next Spring.

Thanks Again,
  6. OrganicBob

OrganicBob LawnSite Member

Oh, I'd definately go with the exMark