1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Curly Neal got hosed!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by SprinklerGuy, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Curly Neal paid a guy $95 to winterize last year and had a broken copper pipe in a wall....I had to cut the pipe in the basement, cut it outside pull 10 feet of 1 inch copper through the wall and start over....PITA...

That guy can talk as much as I can so the job took ove 2 hours ;)

I gave him one hell of a discount in exchange for these pictures and an autographed miniature ball, which I drove and got during the job.

Quality man....funny as heck.....and a great person!

this really isn't an irrigation thread...but I have met many many famous folks doing this job.....and he was by far my favorite...I grew up watching those Harlem Globetrotters and it was a pleasure to meet him....

I told him he was awfully short for a basketball player and he responded

"that's because his sprinklerguy was draggin him down!"

Sorry for the drift......

Attached Files:

2. Remote Pigtails

Remote Pigtails LawnSite Senior Member

Great Pic. I saw Curley as a kid myself with the great Meadowlark Lemon. He'll remember me I was that red headed kid 8 rows up.
  3. Yeah...me too in Okinawa, Japan..we had a laugh about that.

Meadowlark called while I was there....the New Globetrotters are in town this weekend.....he was asking Curley if he was going....I told him to tell him I said hello :)
  4. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

which one is Curly? , ah just kiddin'. I saw them as a kid too back in Jersey.

Tony, is he in the Springs?
  5. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

oh man its early! I guesss he wouldn't have paid 95 to winterize in Arizona!

Did he tell you what company charged him that much?
  6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Not me!!!

I haven't worked for any celebrities that I know of. Unless you count that one time with Jenna Jameson!!!
  7. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Dang Tony... When I first saw the thread title the name escaped me until I started reading. At first I was thinking of "City Slickers" and Jack Palance but then remembered he was Curly Washburn in that movie.

As a kid I saw the Trotters several times in So Cal. I seem to remember they always played a team called the Washington or NJ Generals? It was always a delight and besides great basketball talent they always had the crowd in stitches with their humor and positive outlook on life.