Current Fert. Fees

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by idreamgreen, Oct 25, 2007.

1. idreamgreen

idreamgreen LawnSite Member

I will be applying fertilizer for the first time since starting my business. After doing my homework I am stuck on the amount to charge for the job. I have been told the current rate to apply the fertilizer is .03 cents a square foot. Anybody in the area care to comment on how much is the current rate for fertilizing? I also have to reseed as well, don't have a clue as to how much to charge. I have measured, priced the seed and ferilizer etc etc. but still need the current rate to aply either and/or both to complete my estimate. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

In the old days at TruGreen (1977) we charged about 5 times the cost of the product.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Are you meaning 3 cents per sq. ft.? That would be $30 per 1000 sq. ft.. I don't know too many people who are going to have their subdivision lot fertilized for $600. That would be $3,000 per season BEFORE any add ons. I WISH we could get that much! Heck, I'd do about 40 or 50 accounts and call it good! Yeah,....I could dig on working 20 - 25 days a season!:drinkup:
  4. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Must have been the Real Old Days! I've seen them charging $49 for 6K lots, and I highly doubt they're putting $10 worth of liquid urea down! I'll bet it's closer to $3.00 worth of product.

Scotts Lawn Service charges the guy next door to one of my accounts $48 for a 6K lot. I watched them spread 1/2 a bag of granular 21-0-0 down . . . about $4.00 worth of product.

I'm content to make 4 to 5 times my product cost.
  5. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

You have mail Idream
  6. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not in your area, but we charge $35.00 for the first 4K square feet & $5.25 every additional thousand square feet. If we get people to sign up in the winet or early spring we start at $30.00 for the first 4K. Hope this helps
  7. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

we have a $50.00 minimum