1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Current Project Pictures

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jefftb, Nov 14, 2008.

1. jefftb

jefftb LawnSite Senior Member

2. raschmid07

raschmid07 LawnSite Member

Whereabouts is that project? I'm assuming somewhere in East Tennessee.
  3. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice Jefftb!
  4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Jefftb........I went and looked at all the pics. That job looks like it went very smooth. Nice material to be working in can make all the difference between an awesome time and a real bummer. Share some more.
  5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That is some damn fine hole digging!
  6. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

wow i am impressed with all the stepping..did you do it yourself?

my only question is, what is the water table in that area? Those plastic tanks have a tendency to float if the water table rises any...especially if it is backfilled with a clean stone and not compacted fill...nice job regardless...
  7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That ground looks like its hard pan it sure holds its shape sure makes digging tank holes nice and easy.

Those atomic bombs are very expensive the largest tank has to be 10-15 grand :dizzy:

How big of subdivision is this ?

Can you imagine the stink when a fleet of honey wagons come and suck the brown gold from that tank :laugh:
  8. jefftb

Water table to the left of the site is a swamp. Correct on the buoyancy factor of these tanks-I've got more pics and several of those are of the concrete anchor systems with tank straps. The tanks are tied down to over 9 yards of concrete and rebar.
  9. jefftb

The ultimate subdivision density will be 80+ homes. You are quite low on your estimate for the tank cost......;)

The large tank will hold nearly clean water (treated process effluent, 90-95% contaminants removed) while each of the home sites will have the actual septic tank.

The soils were nice indeed on this one. We install a lot of these type systems and these were the best soils yet. I've got one coming up where they are nearly all sand like with a high water table-the ground just falls in as you dig. That one will be tough-trench boxes that size are available but the weight and cost are ridiculous.

This summer we did an install that had (2) 40,000 gallon tanks (end to end) and a 10,000 gallon tank. We did the (2) 40,000 gallons tank in common pit with the other 10,000 gallon a separate dig. The 40K tanks pit was 13' wide and 145' long. Site was tight too. We needed a crane to pick and set the large tanks....
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  10. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Jeff.........shoot, here I thought you were setting in underground survival bunkers! Maybe if the home development doesn't go through, the builder could put one of those on each lot, hang a light in it with a ladder for access......and bingo! a survival type subdivision!