1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Current wages?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by scotty636, Apr 17, 2006.

1. scotty636

scotty636 LawnSite Member

I am trying to figure out what the industry standard wage is for a guy like me! I have been working for my employer for about 7 years now and I am only making $12/HR with the crappiest medical plan I've ever seen! He was supposed to have a SEP account set up for me, but has not put any money in it for years. am I being underpaid? What do you all think I should be making. I handle most of the customer contact and do 99% of the company's work. I'm DOT certified and have taken many educational classes. Any input would be greatly appreciated!:waving:
  2. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

Assuming (from your years of experience) that you're familiar with all your local plants, irrigation work comes naturally, and you've got a good head on your shoulders... guy like that around here would be making 15+/hr.
  3. bobcat9957

bobcat9957 LawnSite Member

I have to agree with nephilim. Around here your should have no problem getting 15 if you show up and work hard everyday. And know your stuff.
  4. scotty636

scotty636 LawnSite Member

That's what I thought, thanks guys, really appreciate it!:)