Cursed Turf Tiger: Blowing fuses... help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by WadeFab, May 26, 2010.

1. WadeFab

WadeFab LawnSite Member

Ok, as of today, with new fuses installed.... tiger idles fine. Soon as I ramp up the throttle, it pops the fuse and the amperes are reading off the chart like its over charging?

27Hp Carbed Kaw engine.

I dont really know what else to say.

2. WadeFab

WadeFab LawnSite Member

update: update: IF I jump the fuse terminal with the yellow wires going to it, the mower will run at full throttle but the amperes gauge pegs out on +. But if I put a fuse back in it and ramp the throttle up, it pops the fuse immediately.

3. WadeFab

WadeFab LawnSite Member

I have a new starter on the machine and the amperes gauge is reading excessively HIGH. why

4. WadeFab

WadeFab LawnSite Member

:O( i inspected the wire harness best I could, cleaned all connections, still no luck. Amperes is reading way high.,

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Post the model and spec numbers off the white bar code label on the engine block.....

6. WadeFab

WadeFab LawnSite Member

that sticker is all beat to hell :( sorry. I tried already. Its on the valve cover and its torn off mostly.

7. WadeFab

WadeFab LawnSite Member

could a defective battery cause excessively high amper readings?

It all kinda makes sense now in a way.... so seems my machine is (overcharging?) and since it is... after about the usual 40mins of mowing, maybe the elec. system is overly hot and shuts down my machine.? I hate electrical issues.

Where is the voltage regulator on it?

8. WadeFab

WadeFab LawnSite Member

here is the best I can do for the label:

[​IMG]

and.. what is this????...
    [​IMG]

9. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

That is the voltage regulator in the pic, I suspect that's the problem. I don't recall a bad battery causing a over charge situation to the point of blowing fuses. There is a test procedure for the regulator but I need the engine numbers to assure I post the proper test.

Look on the engine BLOCK near the starter or oil dipstick areas for this white bar code label.....

10. WadeFab

WadeFab LawnSite Member

fixed it.

faulty voltage regulator.