curved end for Echo 650 b/p?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Jan 24, 2004.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

we use the echo 650 b/p for snow cleaning in tight spots and when the snow is powdery like today. In only an inch or 2 of powder, it tends to want to pack the snow here and there even when letting off the throttle and trying to go more parallel at the snow.
    Do they make a curved end that would be parallel to the ground? If so, have you used it and how did it work for you?

thanks

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

They don't Gary, but Stihl 400's uses them. Find a Stihl dealer. I used them on ALL my blowers. It's only like 12 bucks and makes a world of difference.

3. rodfather

BTW, all you need is a 3 inch automotive hose clamp to attach it. The curved end is especially great for cleaning out leaves from pacysandra, flower beds, etc.

4. GarPA

from PA

thanks ROd...I assume theres no significant more load on the engine or you wouldn't be risking that right?

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i asked my dealer about the curved tips for my 750 (same as the 650) and he said that it restricts airflow and can cause the cavitation as well as engine problems after pro-longed use.

6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Have you tried a Push Blower on snow?

We use the 750's for steps & landings & the push blowers for drives in Light Powder.

bg.jpg

7. rodfather

Gary

There is no restriction of airflow. All you are doing is redirecting the airflow a different way. I've been using curved ends on my bp's for years now with absolutely no engine overload or premature failure in any of our Echo's or Remaxes. BTW, it's the Stihl BR400 that uses them. Go for it...

8. GarPA

from PA

will get one next week Rod...I'll let you know how I like it...and ROd can you say cha cha cha ching?? and more cha ching stuff on mon and tue...man this winter must be taking a toll on property managers budgets...poor babies..

9. rodfather

Yea, I feel sorry for all of em Gary...NOT! Only thing I'm sorry about is only adding one plow truck this winter instead of two.

Yep metoo, I'm liking Monday and Tuesday's forecast. Gonna be a double hit and billing I think...and it's still January...CHA-CHING:D

10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Not entirely true. By redirecting you are restricting which according to Echo will cause you engine problems over the long haul. This is especially true w/ the new High Output Blowers.