Curved shaft trimmers vs striaght shaft trimmers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by plantzpropertymanagement, Jun 13, 2006.

1. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

2. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

my trimmer rack doesnt seem to hold my curved shaft trimmer on the front end any way. I got the single trimmer rack from jungle jim.

3. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

I know for a fact, Curved shaft trimmers have a lot less power than straight shaft.

4. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a curved sharft echo, works fine, bu i'll be upgrading to a straight shaft. the curved ones require more bending over and is not too comfortable after a while of use.

5. bobcat9957

bobcat9957 LawnSite Member

I agree with make lane, the straight shaft is more comfortable to me and is easier to edge with.

6. Diablo

Diablo LawnSite Member

Straight shaft trimmers have about a thousand advantages over curved shaft but I think the biggest difference is when you are trying to cut a significant area, like a slope or something, that you cannot get to with a mower. It is far more comfortable with the straight shaft and you can do it twice as fast while leaving:usflag: the lawn looking alot neater.

7. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i'm just the opposite. i'm about 5X faster with my curved shaft.

the straight shaft only comes out for rough stuff, which is not very often at all.

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Very True. PLUS, trying to trim under a tree with a curve shaft:hammerhead:

9. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i trim under them the same way i do with my curved. really no difference