Curved Tips fpr Echo BP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Captain, Sep 14, 2004.

1. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Awhile ago someone posted something about "Curved Tips" for the Echo BPks. I've done the the search and usual reads, but I can't seem to find the post back. Does anyone know if the curved tips are available for the Echos? My dealer says he dosen't know of any but they may be after market/from another brand. I really feel they give me better control (had one on an older peice of equipment) and with the leaves coming, I can use all the help I can get. Any ideas?

Thanks for all the help in the past and see you at Louisville.....Jim

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I'd like one for my 750 if they're available.

3. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a curved tip extension for the PB650. It really concentrates the air flow and forces your arm backward while using it due to the power of the engine. My dealer ordered it directly from Echo. I would imagine one for the pb750 exists too.

4. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got my 750 from the ups guy today :cool2:

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Used a curved tip on a 750 for 1/2 Hour...750 is too Powerful for the Curved Tip...Blows your arm back & makes using the Blower for any eXtended Period of time Very Uncomfortable

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Do the newer Echos just have slip on type tubes, or do they have the studs and L shaped notches? I have the older 650 models, and they have the studs and notches. They came with the elbow pieces. I keep them on all the time, because it increase the flow, however, once in awhile I willl remove it and just keep it in my hand, like if I'm blowing clippings out of mulch or something. These elbows realy improve the performance for blowing leaves out of beds and out of groundcovers such as ivy because all the force is directed across and upward to the material as opposed to partially blowing downward. It is still necessary to shake the daylights out of the hose to achieve maximum efficiency and performance.

7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

They still have the Slip on Tubes...but you have to order the Curved tip seperately...750 is Too Powerful...Save the curved Tips for your Stihl 400's & 420's....

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I believe you were refering to my earlier post about some guy doing leaves at a school. Our Echo BP blowers came with 'em and we took 'em off right away because they do push back on you. They sat in the corner for about 3 years before we threw them out.

9. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member