Cushion Hitch...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ExcaliburLawnCare, Sep 3, 2007.

1. ExcaliburLawnCare

ExcaliburLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from MI

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw one of these in a catalog today and was wondering the same thing. I was just about to post a thread and then I saw this one.
  3. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

well i think that any moving parts in a hitch would just lead to problems down the road, just remember "kiss" keep it simple stupid. most of the time when you overly complacate somthing it just makes more problems
  4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

i'm with 'kiss'

if i've got to get on the brakes, its couple inches of movement aren't going to do a dang thing............idk, i just don't see the point. maybe you don't feel the little bumps in the road so much.
  5. Buckeye Lawncare

Buckeye Lawncare LawnSite Member

A friend of mine has one for hauling hay wagons. It works great especially when the wagons are loaded, hardly any jerking when stopping. I do not think it would work good pulling a regular trailer.
  6. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i was thinking about getting one for hauling the "weird"(not regular landscape trailers, more farm utility purpose) trailers thati tow doing about 20 MPH, but mostof the time when i getloads of hayon a wagon, i tow it behind a tractor, so ride quality isn't a concern for those types of trailers.
  7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

towing with the normal 2 5/16" has been fine for 3 years for me. If it aint broke dont fix it.
  8. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. i have had no trouble with normal hitches and drawbars. The only lurching I feel is because I'm pulling 10K lbs. I don't think some cheap cushions are going to change the lurching.
  9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

If you want the best cushioning hitch, do it right and get a DMI quick cushion bumper setup. They work well with heavy loads. The only drawback is that they are noisy, squeeking, etc.
  10. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

The fix: Turn up the radio.