Cushman FrontLine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Farmer, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Farmer

Farmer LawnSite Member

Anybody ever use a big Cushman FrontLine Rider? I am picking one up tomorrow. I think i am getting a pretty good deal on it, with only 1700 hours, this thing has a 21hp 3 cyl. Kubota Diesel engine, coupled to( I believe a Top Flow) 60" deck. Power Sterring, suspension seat, you name it it has.... With it comes parts of a Grass Catcher that fits the unit(Hopper and Hyrdaulic lift). If anyone knows were i would be able to find the rest of the catcher.... an intake tube, and the intake blower for this unit in Missouri please let me know. The catcher dumps from the seat with the flip of a lever, so it would be kinda neat to have. I will keep you guys posted on the final price I'm paying for this machine tomorrow. :p

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

We literally wore two of them out in less than 18 months. Mind you, this was in the early 90's and they may have improved them since then, but I still wouldn't touch one with a 10' pole again.

3. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

If its anything like my truckster your going to love it. I've never used a Cushman mower but love there trucksters. Hope its built well and works good for you.

4. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

go to jacobsen/cushmans website and do a dealer search for your state for golf and turf equipment. It has been a couple years since they hace made the cushman frontline, but they will still have or be able to irder parts for it. Hope this helps

5. Farmer

Farmer LawnSite Member

I checked into a local dealer in my area that can ordrer all the parts for me. Plus all the original papers and manuals from when it was new and any recipts from repairs made to it comes with the mower. Two of the manuals are parts manuals, one for the tractor, and another for the tractor accessories. The owner was airplane mechanic and seems to be pretty perticular about things

6. Farmer

Farmer LawnSite Member

Well I finally got it home, I gave $1800 for it, and have used it on a couple lawns this week. It realy works great, and I can tell it was well cared for. The Kubota diesel realy runs smooth. I think I came out ok on this deal...(I hope) I do have a question, How many of you guys use diesels, and if so, do you run them at full throttle?

7. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

We have a fairway mower that is diesel and we always run it at full throtle. We also have a diesel tractor but run it at max pto rpm when mowing.

8. I always mow with the throttle right up against the govenor. Can't really over rev a diesel. Lugging them on the other hand overworks them and the hydraulic system too.

Dave

9. Farmer

Farmer LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for helping me out on that, we also have a diesel Tractor, and I was always told by my father that you shouldn't over rev them. But I also learned the hard way not to make them lug(over heating) lol I was just woried, seems to me that the Cushman runs alot faster than our tractor. Both have Kubota Engines. The Cushman is set to run a 3200 RPM and the Tractor tops out way lower. Are the motors set up differently?