Custom Cuts

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Element Property Mgmt, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Element Property Mgmt

Element Property Mgmt LawnSite Member

i would charge the exact same for the arches as i would for straight line diamonds. think about it i am still cutting the same amount of lawn, with almost the same amount of stops and turns. i would run the opposite line as the line run last week every time for a single pass unless it needs double cutting.
    if striping doesn't matter then why do all lawn companies do it even if its a straight line? because it looks better.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Ive got better things to worry about than making designs in a yard. good thing we dont stripe lawns down here anyway.

3. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed. I'm glad you can't stripe st. Augustine
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't think it looks that great personally. I mow yards in the manner that manages my time the best, albeit rotating directions sometimes to lessen rutting over the course of the year. some yards, especially fronts, only makes sense to do it one direction and thats what they get. striping is merely a byproduct of the direction the mower is traveling and the way it makes the grass sit. its not something you ''do''. never had a customer ask me to come stripe their lawn!