Custom Dingo trailer

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by kyfireman2004, May 19, 2008.

1. Guys with Dingo's need help............

I am planning on ordering a 7 ton equipment trailer here in the next week.

20 or 24 foot is the question............

I plan on making 4 foot solid(square tubing with sheet metal) barn doors on one side in the front so I can haul pallets(side gate on the other) . Then running the side walls all the way to the back gates. By having the tall sides I will be able to haul mulch and topsoil, not to mention advertise with graphics on the other side. Then I will be Fabricating my auger in the neck , hanging the tiller over the wheel well and hanging the forks under the frame. My goal is to be able to haul my dingo, attachments, wheel barrels, tools , plant material, mulch, and what every else I need to do a job in one trip.
    So with all being said what would you guys do .............?
    20 or 24 foot..........(ps I have a 2500 chevy crew cab long bed diesel)

This was also posted in truck and trailer forum
    Thanks for all your input too.
    Lou

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i think 20 is plenty if you set it up right, but on a specialty trailer built for that one task i'd go ahead and get the 24 if the price aint much more. you have a beast of a truck so that aint a problem, id rather have more room than not enough.

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Are you going to scoup material out of the trailer? What about a dump trailer? It seems I never need more than two attachment per day. I just throw them on the trailer or the truck.

4. Yes, I will be scooping from the trailer..........there's no mess that way. I wanna be able to haul pallets as well. (retaining wall stock)
    I had a dump last year and didn't like it. To steep to climb and the sides didn't drop.
    Not to mention I will use it as a back up mowing trailer if need be.

The perfect dump would have drop down sides, low profile 20inch deck height, 20 plus feet long, split gate that goes both ways.(side to side and up and down)

5. Lawnworks

from usa

Is going to be an overdeck? Is seems like if it not an overdeck... loading and unloading gets to be a pain in the neck.

6. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Pintle or gooseneck hitch? If you're hauling a 24 footer regularly, I'd go gooseneck since the bed will be mostly unused anyways.

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i would definitly go gooseneck!!!:weightlifter:

8. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Buy a dump trailer

9. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

24' Gooseneck Deckover. Get sideboards on hinges or removable. And have them like 5' long so you can just remove a section at a time like if you had mulch on there or something.

10. Lawnworks

from usa

Gooseneck for a dingo?